Alpha Lessons: Day 2 - 50 to 1 Countdown
A Simple Visualization of a Watermelon, Lemon & Onion
This is what is awaiting for you today:
1. Find a quiet, comfortable place where you can spend about 10 minutes meditating. Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
2. Take a few slow, deep and rhythmic breaths and observe the movement of your stomach while breathing.
3. Then follow Laura's voice while she counts from 50 to 1. Imagine the numbers appearing gently in your mind, practice making the background a tranquil scene.
4. You will then practice imagery by visualizing a watermelon.
You will then imagine cutting the watermelon in half so that you can see the various colors inside. Bring to mind the smell and taste of watermelon.
5. You will do the same with a lemon and an onion.
6. You will exit the exercise with a gradual count from 1 to 5.
7. At the count of 5, you will open your eyes and tell yourself mentally,
"I Am Wide awake and feeling great!"
With this exercise you will practice and develop the higher mental faculties of visualization and imagination.
Visualization - a recollection of something you have previously seen or experienced.
Imagination - something you experience with your mind for the first time.
This Active Meditation amplifies the intuitive faculty as well. As you practice this every day, Try including other mental sensations such as feelings, odors, tastes and sounds. Try adding more interest to the scene, as if you are creating a visual work of art or a movie scene in your mind.
Practice daily getting more and more detailed with your Visualization skills.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.